Jul 4, 2009

Sorry for taking so long to post. I just haven't been up for updates since there was nothing new. But I got good news today! Melani is almost off of the nitric and she is in the 40's on her oxygen! They are going to try and extubate her really soon! That means we are a step closer to going home! But I'm not going to get too excited until it's done and she is doing well on a nasal cannula. I talked to the eye doctor today and he said her right eye will have some vision but her focal point is off. Her left eye...the retina is folded near the center so he believes that she will have very little vision in her left eye, maybe only distortion...but we won't know until she is older. I'm just so thankful that she still has a chance to see period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you....praise God she will still have some vision when she could have had none. I was always told my daughter's vision was much worse than what I believed. Yes, she needed her glasses to see distances, but I was convinced she saw further than what her doctor said as a baby. Once she started talking, she blew him away because while she was still nearsighted with a pretty big prescription, she saw better and further than what he thought.

Your little girl is beautiful and absolutely perfect!

Yolonda